Thursday, January 20, 2011

...lotion party...

A little while ago a friend gave me a small bottle of lotion.  It smells pretty good (at first)....but it is a little too strong for her.  I mean, the scent just lingers.  I figured I would take it off her hands and apply it elsewhere.
You see, since my students frequently ask for lotion, I figured this would be an amusing way to get rid of, errrr, put the lotion to good use.
So, first hour today a young man asked for some lotion....Out came the bottle.  Soon I was walking around the room offering it to everyone.  At first it smells nice and seems like a good idea.  After a moment or two, the students quickly realize how potent it really is.  By this time it was too late...I am pretty sure there was only one student in the entire class that denied my offer of a little squirt of lotion.
I couldn't help but laugh at them...Of course the joke was kind of on me too because the scent permeated my classroom.
During the passing period I stood by my door as usual...But this time I had the lotion bottle in my hand and offered it to students as they passed by.  At one point a boy was walking by who regularly jokes around with me, so I just left a pink stream on his arm as he strolled past.  His response?  Oh, awesome!  I need lotion, can you put some on my other arm too?  Hahaha, surely he smelled like a girl (slightly grandma-ish) for the rest of the day.
Last hour a student who was one of my hallway victims came to class and exclaimed I STILL smell like that lotion!
The little bottle is officially half empty, well half full I guess.  At this rate, it could be gone tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. That's a great idea!!! I'll bring over any lotion that I don't like anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go ahead! I just had a student come to me and ask if they could have more of the lotion I was giving out yesterday. So, I brought it to the hallway and was offering it to more students. One boy responded with, "No way! My hands smelled like that lotion all day long & I was getting mad!" Less than a minute later a girl I'd given lotion to said, "Miss O'Brien, this lotion smells good!"
    Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should clean out my basement this way. All the crap I don't want I'll just give to you and you can dispense it appropriately. I'll want receipts for tax purposes.

    ReplyDelete