Saturday, January 29, 2011

...just another Friday...

1) Student is leaning his head back while sitting in his chair, arms flailing.  He is making weird noises while sticking his tongue out.  After starring for a moment, I ask, Are you okay?
Student:  I'm catching the snow.
Me:  Okay, you know that it's not snowing and that we're inside, right?


2) In the middle of me explaining something a student excited blurts out, Hey, today is the last day of February!
While I form a confused look, another student replies with, Today is JANUARY 28th!
Original student:  Oh....  Head goes down.
We continue with class.

3)  Again, while in the midst of class (apparently topics at hand are not interesting enough to capture full attention)....
Student:  You should be a nun!
I just pause, trying to formulate a response as I consider what he could possibly be implying about me with this statement.  Other students are apparently doing the same thing as I am as 26 faces turn to him with expectancy.
Student:  She has silky hair....
That is not at all one of the many directions my mind had gone in those few seconds.

1 comment:

  1. I just burst out laughing in my office. I don't know how you handle the excitement every day!!!

    ReplyDelete