Wednesday, September 7, 2011

...three funny moments...

STORY #1
Student 1: Miss O'Brien, where did you go?
Me:  Uganda
Student 1:  Is that in South America?
Me:  No
Student 2:  There's a South America?  Do we own it?
Me:  You know what you should do?  Take Geography next year.

STORY #2
A student is making an odd face as we grade the bellwork assignment.
Me:  Are you okay?
Student:  You know how they say if you keep your face in one position for a long time it will stick?  Well, I'm trying to make it stick.

STORY #3
Student 1:  What's your first name?
Me: Why?
Student 1:  You look like a Laura.
Me:  My grandma's name is Laura.
Student 1 smiles
Student 2:  Yeah, she does look like a Laura.

4 comments:

  1. Geography is a definite must. Also, I think I would have laughed really hard if they had said Hellen. I did laugh, but that would have been even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You look like a Helen." Teeheehee....

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love reading this stuff..it gets me out of a bad mood always

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad thing is, the student probably did take Geography!

    ReplyDelete