Thursday, September 15, 2011

...the jokster...

I was talking through "business" with one of my classes.  After answering a student's question, a different student raised his hand.  He had kind of a defeated tone of voice when I called on him.

Student:  Miss O'Brien, do you know what sucks?


Me:  Uhh, I don't know...


Then, at the same time we both said:

A vacuum.


We both looked at each other in amazement while the class laughed.  He was trying to sound serious while cracking a joke & I predicted his answer.  We were both slightly disturbed that we were thinking the same way.

A couple more times during class he tried to pull off the "I'm-going-to-raise-my-hand-and-make-it-look-like-I-have-a-legitimate-question-but-really-I'm-just-going-to-tell-a-joke" move.

He was surprised when I knew the answer to this one:

Jokster:  What did the Zero say to the Eight?


Me:  Nice belt.


Jokster:  Wow.


He ended with telling a joke he'd made up that didn't make sense and wasn't funny...to anyone.  Well, at least I didn't know the answer.  I guess that means something...

No comments:

Post a Comment