Monday, August 27, 2012

...new sights...

I took a class of 19 students on a field trip today.  We went to the local outdoor education center.

When it was time to break for lunch, our facilitator brought out a garbage can for the students to use when they were done.

The student next to me physically reacted...His eyes grew & were about to pop out of his face.  A slow grin creeped onto his mouth.  Then he quietly exclaimed, I've never seen a metal garbage can before!

Turns out they aren't simply from 80's movies, or instruments for Stomp.  Metal garbage cans still exist, and people still put garbage in them.

At least one kid had a memorable experience today.  So what if it has nothing to do with the intended objectives.  I'm all about new life experiences...even trashy ones.  (Sorry, I couldn't stop myself with that one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment