Tuesday, May 22, 2012

...personal day...

Six years later, I finally took my first personal day.  I know--some of you are thinking I'm totally crazy.  But as a teacher, I usually find leaving my students more work than just sticking to the routine.  Plus I have to miss school on a regular basis for the sake of a leadership group I sponsor...I just never take days and simply stay home.  I mean, I've only taken 1 sick day in those 6 years too.

Well, apparently it's a big deal to students too if I miss a day.

This morning I was standing in the hallway, outside of my classroom as usual.  A student came up to me from behind, and he turned to look at my face.  I was a little weirded-out by this, gave him an odd look, & asked why he was looking at me like that.

Turns out there was a rumor that I was in a fight or something, and he expected to see a big bruise or scratch or something on my right cheek.  I was so stunned by how certain he was that he would see evidence of the brawl on my countenance, that I didn't even think to ask for details.

My guess is that the teacher across the hall is spreading rumors about me...yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment