Wednesday, May 23, 2012

...garage sale...

So my friend and I are orchestrating a major Missions Garage Sale to help raise money for short-term mission trips through Village Bible Church this summer.  We have been taking donations all week long (it kinda feels like 2 full weeks, but it's only been four days) for the major sale this weekend.

We have several great volunteers helping throughout the course of the week.  Some are working to help fund their own trips.  Others are just giving some time because they want to support missions, and/or they just like doing it.  We are thankful for all of these volunteers!

At this stage in the game we have departments throughout the gym and a large classroom.  Furniture and big items have exploded into the hallway, Sunday School classrooms, and the foyer so we can move them outside for the sale.  Some things have prices on them already, but we haven't gotten to everything yet.

Sometimes we have some young kids wandering, potentially helping, throughout the gym as their mom or aunt (or whoever) is working.

Tonight a little girl, probably about 7 years old came up to me as I was putting some books on a table.  She showed me a placemat with the presidents on it.  (Sweet find, right?)

Little Girl:  Do you know how much this is?

Me:  Yes.  It's 25 cents.

Little Girl:  Oh, okay...Wait!  How did you KNOW?

Me:  I have it in my head.

Her eyes grew three times their normal size.  Little Girl:  Do you mean that you have the price of EVERYTHING in this sale in your head?!?!?

Me:  Yes, I do.

She may have gone into shock.

A small section of the gym at the beginning stages...
You can see why she was so surprised, right?

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! I love Gina!! You should have yelled for a "price check" !!!!

    ReplyDelete