Wednesday, February 8, 2012

...he made it...

Last week one of the guys in my hall came to tell me his latest prank.  We teachers enjoy pranking each other.

Mr. Smith was in his room, getting his class started for the period.  He saw another teacher, Mr. Shaw, walk by.   Mr. Shaw has his prep period that hour.  Mr. Smith stealthily moved his entire conglomeration of students down the hall, and into this unsuspecting teacher's room.  The students found seats, and he began teaching.  Of course Mr. Smith was distracting himself because he wasn't sure when the victim would return, and he was really curious as to how Mr. Shaw would react.

As Mr. Smith told me about this, I expressed that I was quite proud of his achievement.  This was impressive.  As he saw my approval, he enthusiastically asked, Is this going to make the blog?!?  When I said, yes, he was so excited that students passing by knew that something amazing must have happened.

That night I posted a blog...but it was about a lame joke.  Ironically, in the past Mr. Smith has attempted to tell me lame jokes with the hope that I would think they were funny enough to make the blog.

Mr.  Smith was a little irritated.  I told him I needed more of the story.

Well, I got it.

We had a PLC meeting, in which we began with celebrations.  One celebration was the smooth execution of a prank.  So, Mr.  Shaw proceeded to share his side of the story.

As he reentered his classroom that day, he was hit with confusion, and a myriad of conflicting thoughts shot through his brain instantaneously.

Thought #1:  Why did I leave my classroom when I have a class?
Thought #2:  Smith must be covering me.
Thought #3:  How long have I been gone?
Thought #4:  I can't believe I did that!
Thought #5:  Wow, Smith is a life-saver!
Thought #6:  Wait, he isn't teaching Spanish.
Thought #7:  He is teaching his class.
Thought #8:  Smith is messing with me!

Once Mr.  Smith saw Mr.  Shaw realized what happened, he proudly paused his lesson and dismissed his class back to the correct room.

Well, he finally did it.  Mr. Smith made the blog.  Keep up the good work!

1 comment: