Tuesday, February 7, 2012

...breaking my mold...

Last fall I realized in order to meet the dress code within my hallway, I needed more options for Green Tuesday.  I went to Wal-Mart and perused their green scarves.  I found one I liked that also had some magenta flowers on it.

So, on the occasional Tuesday, my students and coworkers might see me sporting this accessory in order to be in compliance.

I'm wearing it today.  In class a student asked, Miss O'Brien, what's on your scarf?  Are those skulls?


I quickly responded, No, these are flowers.


But as I took a closer look, I realized I was totally wrong.  She was right.  I am definitely wearing a camouflage scarf with magenta skulls.

I was breaking my fashion trend without even realizing it.  Oh well, I already paid for it.  I will continue wearing this accessory that I never would have picked up if I had realized what it really was.  However, it will never quite feel the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment