Monday, November 28, 2011

...I like turkey...

Me:  So, if you had to pick only one traditional Thanksgiving food, what would you want to eat?


Student 1:  Turkey

Student 2:  Tamales

Me:  What?  No, that is not traditional Thanksgiving food.  Try again.

Student 3:  What?  It's traditional for him!

Me:  It might be traditional for him, but that isn't what I asked.  Tamales are not traditional Thanksgiving food.  Try again.

Student 2:  You'll have to come back to me.

Student 3:  Turkey

Student 2:  What?  Turkey?  Who eats turkey for Thanksgiving?

He was completely serious.

I was speechless, so I moved on.

Luckily one student said stuffing.  He is my new favorite.  Another student responded to his answer.

Stuffing Hater:  I hate stuffing, and pumpkin pie.

Me:  WHAT?  (evil look)  I don't think I can talk to you any more.

So I didn't for at least 15 minutes.

I continued to make my way through the room.  This turned out to be a way more challenging question than I anticipated.  In the midst of a few more traditional answers, I received French Fries.

Me:  Nope, try again.

Fry lover:  Turkey fries?

Me:  Nope.

I moved on.

Random student:  Hey didn't you forget her? (pointing to Stuffing Hater)

Me:  No, I didn't forget her.

Other random student:  She didn't forget her, she's not talking to her because she doesn't like stuffing or pumpkin pie.

Last student:  Meatballs

What the heck?

Stuffing Hater:  Well, I don't really hate pumpkin pie...

A few minutes later, my new favorite student (you know, the stuffing lover) said:  Miss O'Brien, I like your earrings.

Me:  Thanks.

Favorite student:  How much do they weigh?


Me:  Uhhh, I don't know.  I've never weighed them.

Favorite student:  They've gotta be like 2 . 5 pounds each.

Me:  I don't think so.

Favorite student:  That's like how much I bench.


Oh, by the way, Student 2 (the tamale lover) ended up going with pumpkin pie.  I didn't want to leave you hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment