Thursday, November 17, 2011

...bake sale...

A group of students at my school is working hard to raise an extremely large amount of money to buy Christmas presents through the local food pantry.  For a fundraiser, they asked the staff if we would be willing to make baked good for a bake sale during lunches.  I said I would make something & checked the box requesting a student pick it up on Monday.

So last weekend I made some classic chocolate chip cookies.  I thought about doing something more elaborate, but went with something that didn't require purchasing any of the ingredients.  I already had everything for chocolate chip cookies.

Well, no one picked up the two plates stacked high with cookies on Monday...

Wednesday a student apologetically came to pick up my baked goods.  I gave her one plate of cookies.  The other may or may not have been sampled by me, another teacher, and a student as I waited for pick up.

Today the student commented on how good my cookies were...Then she confessed that she tried one on her way down to the cafeteria, planning to pay for it.  When she discovered how tasty they were, she decided to buy them all.  How many other bake sale contributers can say they had all of their cookies sold to one person before they made it to the table?

Well...all that were left anyway.  Good thing she picked them up when she did!

No comments:

Post a Comment