Saturday, November 5, 2011

...drawing pictures...

Whenever I give my students a vocabulary quiz, I have them draw a picture on the back so that they stay quiet and don't disrupt other people.

Usually I randomly ask four different students to name 1) an animal, 2) another animal, 3) a place, 4) an activity.  Then I tell them that is what they will draw.  If they don't want to draw, that's fine.  They can write a story about it.

Recently I gave my students a quiz.  The conglomeration came to a panda and white tiger playing football in Hawaii.  I even drew my version on the board while they were finishing up.  It was pretty bad.  But I think it was better than this...

"Picture need a microscope to see" [sic]
arrow pointing to dots


...I guess I shouldn't judge until I pull out that microscope.


No comments:

Post a Comment