Tuesday, January 10, 2012

...tuesdays...

Today is Tuesday.

It happened during first hour.

Usually right after the bell, the intercom beeps, we stand up and say the pledge led by a senior girl, then sit down as she encourages us to have a nice day.

Today the bell rang, but the beep didn't come right away, so my co-teacher and I kept looking at the intercom (as if we were going to see something), waiting to tell the students to stand up before beginning the day.

As we waited, one student started talking--to whom, I have no idea--loud enough for both of us (and several students) to hear.

Tuesdays are weird.  I mean, Tuesdays are just weird days.  Monday is the beginning of the week, Wednesdays are the middle, Thursdays...


The intercom beeped.

My co-teacher and I exchanged amused looks and tried not to bust up laughing as we put our hands on our hearts and began, I pledge allegiance...

No comments:

Post a Comment