Friday, January 27, 2012

...under the door...

There is a door that connects my classroom to the one next to me.  It's pretty atypical.  In fact, I think they might be the only two classrooms in the building that do that.  I'm not totally sure why, but it might have something to do with being interior rooms.  (Yes, take a moment to feel sorry for me because I don't have a window.)  It actually works out well since the teacher next door has a section of the same subject, plus he kind of functions like the little brother I never had.  Well, that isn't 100% positive since little brothers are often annoying.

Today, during class I noticed a few white-board markers on the floor near our connecting door.  I recognized them as his markers, not mine.  So, I decided to go ahead and kick them under the door so that they would inevitably sail across the front of his classroom while he had a room full of students.  (Sometimes you just gotta get back at the annoying little brother in subtle ways, you know?)  Of course, some students saw this happen and were slightly amused by this immature act.  One student didn't see me kick them, but asked, Oh yeah, did you ever see those markers that came from Mr. Shaw's room?


I told him that I just kicked them back.

Apparently the markers had made their way into my room during this student's Spanish class...I don't know how long they'd been sitting there.

Oh...another story about that door (this one is for free):

Yesterday I was standing in front of the room & all of a sudden a student sneezed.  I mean, that little girl  SNEEZED!  The sound of that sneeze was so loud and, well, sharp is the only word I can think to describe it.  I felt like I had been attacked by it, and I was at least 8 feet away.  The whole class was kind of stunned.  After a quick recovery, I took the risk of interrupting the class next door, opened up our connecting door, and asked if they'd heard the sneeze & if everyone was okay, since I had personally felt like I was attacked.  The teacher confirmed that they were all okay, but they had indeed felt the repercussions of the sneeze.

1 comment: