Wednesday, April 6, 2011

...just can't get enough...

The ACT is coming up, so that means I am doing some extra tutoring these days.

I was working with a student last night.  She is a girl after my own heart, demonstrating a real love for learning.

We had gone through several passages for the reading test.  It was getting late & she was getting tired.  We had just finished going over a fourth passage, and she was really improving on some things we had been discussing.  With a new confidence and excitement over what she was learning she exclaimed, I want to do another passage!  But then she realized that would mean reading another long passage and decided not to.

As I thought she was packing up, she turned to a math test & said, I like picking problems in the math test to see if I can do them!  After we met last time I realized the test is just a trap, so I like picking problems at the end to see if I can do them.

She proceeded to attempt several problems, with me guiding her if she got stuck.

Who stays extra long at a tutoring session because she thinks it's fun to see if she can figure out challenging math problems?

1 comment: