Tuesday, April 26, 2011

...a new species...

Students were working on their bellwork:  correcting sentences that came from papers turned in a few weeks ago.

Student:  If I discover a new species of animal, can I name it?

Me:  Yes.

Student:  Really?  I can?

Me:  Yes.

(Pause for a moment of contemplation.)

Student:  I think I'm going to mate Brown Bears & Grizzly Bears.  I'll name them.....

Other Student:  Brizzly Bears!


The creativity is astounding.

The sentences they were working on had nothing to do with bears, or any animals at all.

2 comments:

  1. Unbelievable. I was just talking with someone Mark and Andrea on Saturday about this man who shot a bear in Alaska that he thought was a polar bear, but it ended up being a rare cross between a polar bear and a brown bear. Mark even showed me a picture.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete