Saturday, November 27, 2010

...decapitation...

It's the day after Thanksgiving; which means time to decorate for Christmas.

Out of the boxes come colorful stockings, beautiful (and some cheesy) ornaments, holiday scented candles, snowmen mugs, and more.

And then the nutcracker came out.  I don't love nutcrackers.  I never enjoyed the ballet/movie.  I don't know, I think Macaulay Culkin kind of freaked me out...and it was really boring.  Anyway, a blue nutcracker was taken out of a bin.  I mentioned to Megan and Melissa that I don't love them, but we can totally put it out because it's Megan's, and throughout the evening we had picked up the "there's nothing horrible about Christmas decorations" mantra (which I don't think any of us really believe, by the way).

The nutcracker was placed on a bookshelf.  Ornaments continued to find their perfect places on the tree.  And then it happened.  He fell off the shelf.  Now he is decapitated.  I wasn't too sad.  Nutcrackers are as close to horrible Christmas decorations as possible.  But if he reappears with super-glue, it will be okay.



P.S.  I didn't do it.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! That's so sad! I have mine sitting on the table. Did you see it last week? Did it creep you out?

    ReplyDelete