Wednesday, March 20, 2013

...lockers...

At the beginning of the year a student...a senior...who has a locker outside of my classroom asked me for a favor.  She asked if she could write down her locker combination and leave in my room somewhere, just in case she forgot it sometime.  She warned me that on occasion, in the middle of the week, in the middle of the year, she might come to school and simply forget how to get into her locker. So, for the first week or two, I saw this student pop into my room on a regular basis to refresh her memory by checking her combination in its secret location.

Well, this past Tuesday, a week before Spring Break, she came for a visit...wondering if I still had the code stashed away.  It was there, waiting for her...ever-ready for that random day in the middle of a week, in the middle of the year.

A freshman came into my room after school today, claiming that she asked him to get her combination from me.  I wasn't sure it was a good idea to give it to a random freshman, so I told him that I needed her to ask.  Then I heard her from the hallway, nevermind, tell her I got it!

Just a few more weeks to go, and her locker days are over.  How many times do you think she will need a refresher?

------

Another locker incident today:

During a passing period, I was standing at my door, as usual.  A student was slowly walking by me, and offered a slow, and somewhat awkward greeting.  I said hello back and suspiciously asked what was going on with her.

Then it became apparent that she was waiting for another student at her locker to catch up to her so they could walk to lunch together.

Awkward Student:  Hurry up!  I want to get to lunch!

Locker Student, hitting her locker, with arms full of books:  What the heck!  It won't open!

In the midst of hitting the locker again:  Oh...hahaha...this isn't even my locker...

She moved down a few to her right, and opened that locker with ease.  I couldn't help but laugh at her.


------


With all this locker confusion, either we're doing a little time-travel back to the beginning of the year, or these students seriously need some time off!

No comments:

Post a Comment