Thursday, October 25, 2012

...personality styles...

I teach a unit on learning & personality styles.

I give my students an abbreviated version of the Myers Briggs Personality Inventory.  (I pretty well-known personality test, for those that have never heard of it.)  The results are identified by four different letters, leading to 16 possible outcomes.

On the assessment for this unit, I include an essay question.  This basically involves the students explaining their personality style.

Here is the beginning portion of my favorite answer:

My personality style is INFJ.  My personality style is basically exactly like my real personality.  I am quiet and loyal, just like a Hufflepuff.

Isn't it good to know the results were so accurate?  I mean, it's basically her real personality!  Phew!

If you don't know what a Hufflepuff is...well, it's one of the houses (or dormitories) from the Harry Potter series.  If you have read/watched the series, you will understand how she quickly identified herself...she didn't even need a sorting hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment