Tuesday, December 13, 2011

...the rumors continue...

For some reason students seem intrigued by my personal life & this year is apparently the year for rumors to be spread around the building.  I mean, it's nothing malicious (that I've heard anyway), but I keep getting questions that start with, Is it true that...  Or being told, I heard that you...


Today I was walking through the hallway during a passing period and a girl was walking next to me & said, Miss O'Brien, (insert alias for student here) Chad told me the news.


Me:  What?  Chad who?


Girl:  Chad Jones.


Me:  Chad Jones?  What did he tell you?


Girl:  He told me you guys are engaged.  She has a smirk on her face.  Chad is a sophomore.

Me:  He told you what?


Girl:  He said you two are engaged!


Me:  What the heck?  He never even asked me!  How can he go around telling people we are engaged?


The girl with this breaking news walked away chuckling.  I'm not sure I even know the last time I saw Chad at school, let alone had a conversation with him.

What will they come up with next?

Hopefully the next one isn't so crazy...or creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment