Wednesday, October 5, 2011

...pencils can be dangerous...

I was explaining a packet of information about personality styles to a class.

As I was talking, I noticed a student nearly poke herself in the eye with her pencil.  It seemed to bounce off of her cheek bone...

Somehow the whole situation struck me as funny...and uncontrollable laughter overtook me.  Seriously, I couldn't quit.  I was the only one who saw it, and the student involved didn't exactly see the humor.  So there I was, holding a giant packet, laughing hysterically, with a room full of students starring at me, trying to figure out why I was laughing after asking a student if she was okay.

She said it hurt, but was ok.  It never made contact with her eye.  It won't leave a mark...on her face anyway.  But it has left a mark on my mind.  In fact, as I type this, I am holding back the laughter.

Well, the uncontrollable laughter has moved to mostly controllable.

The crazy thing is, when it happened, it looked as if she threw the pencil at her face on purpose.  Odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment