Friday, July 22, 2011

...ugandan construction...

So the other day I was traveling from Mbarara to Kampala.  Along the way I was sharing with my travel-mates that I wanted to share a funny story from Uganda on my blog.  I asked them to help me think of something funny that has happened over the past few weeks to share.  This shouldn't be too challenging since I feel like I am laughing 80% of the time.  However, anything that causes such laughter seems like something my average reader just wouldn't appreciate without having experienced it first-hand.

I thought about telling you about what happened when we went to the national park and saw lions.  We decided to do a little off-roading to get a closer look....nope I already decided that it isn't worth me typing out the funny part...(Maybe the fact that it is still early and I haven't eaten breakfast yet is playing into that decision.)

As we kept driving and thinking, I saw it.

A construction worker was wearing a Santa Claus hat as he was directing traffic.  That's right, a Santa Claus hat.  I know, directing traffic in Uganda is practically unheard of...I guess it was a special occasion:  Christmas in July.

1 comment:

  1. You definitely put a smile on my face this morning! I could just envision this worker with the Santa hat.....too funny!

    ReplyDelete