Friday, June 10, 2011

...amen...

So I spent a few days visiting my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew in Minnesota.  The beauty of teaching is the flexibility for impromptu mini-vacations in the summer.

Before I left their house in the morning, we gathered together & they prayed for me.  Rachel went first.  In the midst of serious, heart-felt prayers, a little three-year voice shouts out, "Amen!  Now your turn!"  He points to his dad.  That's one way of letting someone know you think their prayer is too long!

So Mark prayed and then asked little Jonathan if he wanted to pray.  His response?  "NO!  I'm not tired!"

Maybe next time there are family prayers other than at bedtime we should make sure no one is wearing footie pajamas in order to avoid confusion!

No comments:

Post a Comment