Thursday, October 28, 2010

...a line of hope...

So this morning I woke up to a very dark day.  Not only was the sun not up yet, but the sky was covered with extremely thick clouds.  As I drove to work, I noticed an incredibly bright, yet thin yellowish light on the horizon.  I tried to figure out what it was.  At first I thought maybe the driving range still had its lights on from the night before (those lights are intense!), but it didn't seem like quite the right location.  Then for a second I thought maybe it was a stream of headlights from busy commuter traffic on a major road in that direction.  Then I realized it was actually the sunrise.  In the far distance, right where the sky meets the ground, the clouds had a long, skinny break.  It was an incredible contrast with the ominous billowing cumulus clouds covering the sky.
It was a time to praise.
I was entering a day that was promising to be quite challenging.  I saw this line of light in the sky as God's line of hope for me as I anticipated what was before me.  It was the perfect picture.

The day is almost over.  I did indeed encounter that sliver of bright hope in the midst of the challenge.
Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment